Here are ten super quick ways of getting your website out there and clicked on. The number one excuse I hear from business owners is "I don't have enough time to do that". So let me offer ten "5 minutes or less" solutions.
10. Connecting your blog/site to Linked-In. You can add a link to your website directly in your profile or you can add the
9. Connecting your blog/site to Twitter. Twitter's profile allows you to connect to one website but to get better results consider adding a blog feed. I use
8. Connecting your blog/site to Facebook. Same as Linked-In. You can add your site to your profile or you can import notes from your blog
7. Creating a company profile on Linked-In. Linked-In has opened a beta version of company profiles. You can easily add a blog and website here too.
6. Checking your company profile at GetListed.org
5. Responding to one blog post with your website connected. If you are reading other people's blogs or even news articles, take the time to comment. Even if the comment doesn't have to do with your industry, you could still drive traffic. I know I look at the website of everyone who comments on my posts. Most comment sections ask for your name, email and website. So add it!
4. Adding one relevant "back-link" to your next post. If you blog regularly, or even occasionally, add a link for "further reading" at the bottom. You don't need to explain it, but an extra link will usually bring by the author to check you out or if you link internally, keep your readers clicking.
3. Putting your web address or blog in your email signature. More people click on email links than you think. I do it all the time. Especially if there's some catchy phrase or description attached like: Wanna see how I help companies market themselves online? Instead of just www.howImarketonline...
2. Submitting your site to review. Plenty of websites exist strictly to review other sites and they can drive a ton of traffic. Submit yourself to
1. Writing a 3 sentence review. Marketing sites say that people are more likely to trust customer reviews than just about any other form of advertisement. Take a minute to review one of your partners or competitors and include a backlink. Try Google or Yahoo for the most-read reviews.
What brings you the most traffic?